Monday, August 2, 2010

Boise getaway

We just got back from our three day getaway to Boise and we actually had a lot of fun. They were having the Basque festival this last weekend, which only happens every five years, so that was interesting. We tried some new cuisine. I ran 18 miles along the Boise river on their Greenbelt path Saturday morning and then we floated the river that afternoon. I could definitely live in Boise for all of their running paths, I loved it! And we tried three restaurants Guy Fieri had been and our vote went to Pizzalchik. Sounds weird but it was really good, homemade pizza, chicken and salads. We recommend it and we recommend floating the river.

before we began our river journey

Yao working hard while I worked on my tan

Yao relaxing for .5 seconds

our trip down the river

music in the square downtown during lunch

restaurant in Meridian where Guy Fieri visited-good salmon

Basque festival, Yao tries the solomo sandwich from another Guy Fieri favorite

rice jambalaya thing cooking in a huge pan

eating the rice jambalaya thing in the Basque market

1 comment:

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

What a fun trip! I have driven through Boise about a hundred times but never stopped to tour around. Looks like I should! It was so fun to see you at Chase's wedding. That so great of you to be there!